Kimchi Bloody Mary

It's a cheating post!  I made these yesterday, but for tonight's meatless Monday dinner we made cauliflower soup out of some cauliflower I hade from FPP. It is a repeat, but it is magical that it turns one of my son's veto ingredients in to something he eats. No not eats but devours. (And I smugly say see you don't hate cauliflower!).
As for the drink, YUM!  It was perfect for me, but my husband found them a bit fiery and diluted them with some tomato juice.  That didn't stop him from still enjoying them ;).  I loved this take on one of my favorite cocktails.




Kimchi Bloody Mary

2 packed cups kimchi (16 ounces)
46 ounces tomato juice
1/4 Cup Sriracha chile sauce
2 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbl sherry vinegar
Salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 Cup vodka (16 ounces)
Ice
Mint sprigs or shiso leaves for garnish

1. Working in batches, puree the kimchi with the tomato juice, Sriracha,
Worcestershire and vinegar. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and
strain the kimchi puree, pressing gently on the solids to extract as
much juice as possible; you should have 6 cups of kimchi-Mary mix.
Discard the solids or reserve them for another use. Chill thoroughly,
then season with salt and pepper and stir in the vodka. Serve over ice,
garnished with mint sprigs or shiso leaves.  ~






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce