Kimchi Quesadillas

I am on a Pinterest roll!  Clearing out another one I wanted to try.  This one is a recipe from a food truck; a tex-mex-korean truck.  I was excited to try it after the other tex-mex-korean dish from a food truck we made, French Fries With Bulgogi And Caramelized Kimchi.  It  was unreal, so we had high hope for this one too.  It was good but I am putting it in the fixable file.  First of all, I halved the butter I used to saute the kimchi.  A whole stick was more than I thought we could handle and it seemed a colossal waste.  We also held back on the cheese a bit.  To be fair, I didn't have any shiso leaves, and I didn't bother trying to even look on line to see if I could get them.  I didn't even try to see if there was a substitute.  The end product was super greasy!  I think that could have been fixed while still keeping the tasty flavor these quesadillas had.  Another thing, I added a sour cream dipping sauce made from 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 tsp Korean Pepper Powder, a squirt of sriracha and some garlic powder.  That sauce took the quesadilla from meh to great.  Now I love kimchi and this was a great idea, but it seemed like everything got lost in this big greasy sandwich.  I would like to play with though...

Kogi Kimchi Quesadilla


unsalted butter
chopped kimchi
canola oil
12-inch) flour tortillas
shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
sesame or shiso leaves (I left these out)
toasted sesame seeds
Recipe and instructions here

The picture on the post I got this from looks like there is a sauce on the quesadilla, and I think it totally needed it, so I made a

 sour cream dipping sauce
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp Korean Red Pepper Powder
2 pinches of garlic powder
Sriacha and salt to taste

mix!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce