Linguine With Creamy Red Pepper-Feta Sauce

Well for no other reason, this dish is awesome because it is quick, easy and inexpensive. I chose it because feta was BOGO so I had an extra one. Even not counting feta as a free ingredient, it was totally economical. Now it isn't a wow or an omg, but still pretty tasty and a different twist on your typical spaghetti. The boys were hovering around a 3.5 , but I thought solid 4 and its my blog so 4 it is! ;)  I forgot to save the pasta water, but I don't think it needed it and I used all the parsley in the morning's juice so I didn't have that, but it was still a good dish.  The only thing I would recommend is to season well with salt.  I went light because I know how salty feta is, but upon tasting it, I think it needed a good bit more.  Start with a light salting of course and taste, but just keep in in mind.  If I made this again, I think I would like to roast my own peppers:).  Oh and btw, we are having a meatless Sunday, since tomorrow we are cooking burgers.




Linguine With Creamy Red Pepper-Feta Sauce

2 Tbl olive oil
1 small onion chopped
2 to 3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers drained and chopped
1/2 Cup low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 Cup crumbled feta cheese or a 6-ounce block (plus more for sprinkling)
1 Lb whole-wheat linguine
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbl chopped fresh parsley leaves

Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and
garlic until soft, about 10 minutes. Add roasted peppers and saute until
heated through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Place mixture in
the bowl of a food processor with stock and the feta. Process until combined and smooth, about 30 seconds. Cook pasta  according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
Toss pasta with sauce, adding pasta water by the tablespoon, if needed. Sauce should cling nicely to pasta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide among pasta bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and  feta cheese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce