"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce

Yum, yum and yum!!  It took a little longer than I expected and it made enough meatballs to have the 4 of us eat 2-3 huge meals each but, I'm not complaining; they were great meatballs in an amazing sauce.  I will happily eat leftovers:). We served them over mashed red skinned potatoes. (Like the picture on the from the original blogger.) It was a perfect vehicle for the gravy/sauce. I know it's not healthy gravy, but the vast majority if the sauce was stock and veggies so I'm calling it quasi healthy and you can't convince me otherwise because I'm going to eat an obscene amount of it! Lol. I can't get over that sauce. As I sit here stuffed, I want to go get more now that I'm thinking about it.

Porcupine Meatballs With Cream Sauce
 
Meatballs:
ground beef
ground pork
rice
onions
egg
water
salt
ground black pepper

Cream Sauce:
butter
large carrots
onions
garlic cloves
minced
tomato paste
flour
chicken broth
heavy cream
salt and pepper
Recipe and instructions here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine