New England Shrimp Chowder with Cheddar Biscuts

Another recipe from pinterest and fellow blogger.  We hadn't had any seafood this week and I happened to have some potatoes left over so it was perfect.  I'm not a baker, but the biscuits were super easy, and I liked them even though they do violate my no processed foods as they are make from Bisquick. My son adored the soup and ate 2 huge bowls. My husband liked it too. I thought it was quite good despite the fact that I'm not the hugest fan of chowders. It really is that I'm not a fan of chunky soups, so I did alter the recipe a bit because of that and used the immersion blender and gave the soup a quick pulse or two before I added the shrimp.   Everything came together pretty quick and my only complaint was there was tons of leftovers.  The boy was happy but, I don't think shrimp reheat well.

  

New England Shrimp Chowder

onions
Olive oil
fish or chicken stock
potatoes
salt
pepper
fresh shrimp
milk
cheddar cheese
minced parsley
Recipe and instructions here

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Bisquick
garlic powder
shredded cheddar
milk
butter
dried parsley
garlic salt
Recipe and instructions here





Comments

  1. That chowder looks delicious! I love a good chowder on a cold day (like today), this looks like a winner. And totally need to try those biscuits!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the link! I'm glad you enjoyed the chowder!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce