Cast Iron Skillet Fondue

I wasn't sure how this would turn out.  It seems a super easy shortcut to fondue. (And I guess technically it is more of a raclalette??) It also boded ill when the instructions said Italian fontina was better and they only had Swedish, but dang if this wasn't a giant bowl of artery clogging goodness!  I had forgotten just how much fun fondue is.  I am determined to have it more often.  (I'm thinking Fondue First Friday??)  There was one injury when the little girl (who shouldn't really have had her own fondue fork, but...) kind of stabbed herself in the palm, but to be fair we were in the middle of telling her that fondue forks and crackers are a bad idea and she will get hurt.  I still don't think she believes it despite the crying, tantrum and several band aids required to soothe her.  I didn't measure the oil, but I don't think I had that much more than what was called for, but here was a ton of, albeit tasty, oil in the skillet.  Not complaining, just preparing for making it again;).  I did also use 2 cloves of garlic.  I don't think this will work with all cheeses, but the soft, high fat ones should be fine.  Best thing was when the cheese cooled a little, we just popped it in the oven again for a minute or two and took a 'salad break'.  That is kind of a good thing, because the salad was not going to be the star tonight.



Cast-Iron Skillet Fondue


extra-virgin olive oil
garlic clove finely minced
Italian fontina
dried thyme leaves
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
crusty French baguette

Recipe and instruction here

Yes they are blurry, I was in a rush to eat;)

Rushing again :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce