Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Caramel-Filled Cookies

We took the girl to Sesame Street live tonight, so I baked cookies to have a recipe in lieu of dinner. 
While these tasted good, I am calling it a Pinterest fail.  Notice how they caved in on top?  They are also too big and rich to eat a whole cookie without feeling like you made a big mistake.  (ok my son disagrees because he ate 2!)  So while I am not advocating against the recipe or the idea of stuffed cookies, I don't feel that these were a total success.  They don't really come out of the muffin cup in one piece and you really should eat these with a fork. I am not a baker and I am fully willing to accept that it was all my fault.  In more skilled baking hands, perhaps these will come out as cookies instead of these molten cakes I achieved.  Still, it was a really tasty mess!  Ok I am being a perfectionist and feel like I messed up so I am complaining.  They tasted amazing and who cares how they looked!





Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Caramel-Filled Cookies
 

¾ Cup butter softened
¾ Cup brown sugar
¼ Cup white sugar
1 egg
2 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Cup all-purpose flour
1 Tsp baking soda
2 Tsp cornstarch
½ Tsp salt
1 Cup milk chocolate chips
12 Ghiradelli Caramel squares unwrapped


Recipe and instructions here
caved in tops :(


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce