Grocery Boycott! Day One

I have had moments of madness before where I decide to clean out the bursting larders I have, but this time I am making a serious effort!.  I refuse to go to the store unless there is a crucial item we don't have.  (you know like milk or wine;)  I am not pinning these recipe, and I felt like I shouldn't even post them, but my husband said why not, so here I am with nothing to say about an all right meal.  I am kind of afraid of tomorrows meal!  I threw a bunch of freezer items (chicken legs, whole tomatoes, tomato sauce, chipotle chilies) in the crock pot and we will be having "tacos" tomorrow.  I am making refried beans just in case!  I do think this combination of items could make a really great dish, but this was me kind of just rummaging through the fridge and pantry and tossing in things that had no other use and needed to be used.


Pdoma Pasta

4 ounces of goat cheese (room temp and cut in 1/4 is best)
8 ounces of dried pasta
4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of the oil out of the sun-dried tomatoes
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 red onion chopped
1/3 cup of walnuts chopped
1 cup of green beans cut in half
salt  & pepper
1 clove of garlic minced
1 tbs butter

Start the water for the pasta and cook the pasta while making the sauce
Saute the onion in 1 tbsp. of butter and 1 tbsp. of the tomato oil until soft
Add in the green beans and cook until crisp tender.
Add the garlic and sauté about 30 seconds then add the tomatoes
Throw in the goat cheese and stir until the pasta is coated.  Add 1 tbsp. butter and stir until melted.
Throw in the walnuts, taste, season with salt and pepper.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce