Spicy Sausage Pasta

I dove in to my pasta Pinterest board and picked this recipe. I have seen several cook the pasta and sauce all together and have been leery of them, but I figured what the heck, go for it. I think the idea is sound, cooking the pasta in flavorful water makes total sense, but I was worried the pasta wouldn't cook correctly.  I worried for nothing with this dish. It was amazing, and it was super fast, easy and one pot & one cutting board to clean up.  Next time, I think I will leave out the cheese.  I didn't notice it and it seemed to just clump up on utensils and plates.  Not bad, just why throw it in there if you don't need it.  This is going to be one of my favorites!  Not only for it's taste, but easy and fast cooking.  It has a bit of heat, so if you are totally against that, you could use just the plain tomatoes, and I think that would be fine too.  I think that this recipe is a great base to create other recipes on.  Same technique, but vary ingredients.

Spicy Sausage Pasta
 olive oil
 smoked sausage
 diced onion
 cloves garlic, minced
 low-sodium chicken broth
 Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
 heavy cream
 penne pasta
 salt and pepper
 Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
 thinly sliced scallions

Recipe and instructions here







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce