Pork Fried Rice

I have one pork chop leftover and some veggies I could use up, so I decided to make fried rice. I
didn't measure but I took pictures so you and I would know the general amounts. I did do something a little different, I added a good dose of turmeric. Now not exactly traditional, and it turned it a funky shade of yellow, but I had just read an article on all the things turmeric was good for and I figured it wouldn't alter the flavor too much. The husband loved it!  He ate thirds;). And it was a simple fast dinner. In addition to the ingredients pictured here, the turmeric, I used some vegetable oil, 2 eggs, soy sauce and a splash of sriracha.  I started stir frying the onions, carrots and celery, added the green peppers after a few minutes, add the kale and cook until wilted, then the garlic and cook a about a minute.  Throw in the rice and the soy.  (you can add a splash of stock if the rice seems really dry) and cook until the  rice has softened.  Add the corn, and cook a minute.  Make a space in the middle of the rice, add a bit more oil, crack the eggs in to the opening, and scramble with a spatula.  When almost completely cooked, add the turmeric and sriracha.  Stir to combine and it's done:)



So start with a couple cups of leftover (I had brown) rice.





Take one thin cooked pork chop (dice it up) a half of a good sized onion, diced, dice a half of green pepper left in the fridge from juicing and mince a couple cloves of garlic.

Dice up a couple of carrots and celery stalks.


Take corn off the one lonely cob in the fridge and thinly slice some kale that was about to go bad.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce