4 Cheese Mac N Cheese

My daughter asked for Mac n Cheese tonight. Please don't hate me but it's not a favorite of mine.  I thought this one might be just different enough that I may really like it. And I did.  (A bit). Everyone else really liked it. Now bigger confession time, I'm writing this post weeks after the fact. It's the season to be extra busy and therefore it's the season for extra slacking opportunities. Sorry. I'm always torn between anecdotal posts and a short and sweet rundown on the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of the making of the recipe. We'll fate (and laziness) has decreed the latter until I get caught up;). 




7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 clove garlic, minced or grated
1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
1 pound elbow pasta
1/4 cup flour
3 cups warm milk
1 1/4 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup fontina cheese, shredded
1 1/4 cups havarti cheese, shredded
4-6 ounces Brie, rind removed and chopped
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper






in the pan


on a white plate ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce