Perfect Pancakes




As you may know, I really like having breakfast for dinner.  Not every day, mind you, but every now and then, I love to have the kind of breakfast that isn't really practical for a regular weekday morning.  Today's installment of  breakfast for dinner was pancakes.  I got this recipe from the pioneer woman via pinterest.  I have to insist that you serve it with real butter and real maple syrup.  I wanted fluffy whipped butter, and salted butter at that, but I only had unsalted sticks, so I poured some heavy whipping cream in a jar with a good bit of salt and set the kids to shaking.  While it isn't proper butter, it tasted a lot like it and was the perfect light fluffy consistency of whipped butter.  And truth be told, it was easy enough for morning time too.  I made the whole batch and froze the extras in plastic bags with wax paper between them.  I have reheated them with the toaster oven and the microwave.  They aren't perfect, but they are pretty good reheated.


Perfect Pancakes

3 cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Cake Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 cups Milk
2 whole Large Eggs
3 teaspoons Vanilla
4 Tablespoons Butter
Extra Butter

Maple Or Pancake Syrup

Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.

Mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl.

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring very gently until just combined.

Melt butter and add it to the batter, stirring gently to combine.


Cook on a greased skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown.
Serve with an obscene amount of butter and warm syrup.  <--- best instructions ever ;)



Add caption


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce