Seafood-Chorizo Tacos

My husband digs himself some chorizo!  He is also a fan of tacos, so when I saw this on food and wine, I knew I had to pin it for him, and of course it was what he went straight for it when I asked him to pick out a dinner.  It originally called for squid, but that isn't always easy to come by and I am not the biggest fan.  Subsequently, I  am not particularly in a hurry to learn to cook with it, so we substituted small scallops.  The boys loved these, and I really liked them despite some texture issues I had with the shrimp.  Don't skip the avocado, they really add something to the final dish
 
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 pound fresh chorizo, casings removed and meat crumbled
Salt
Pepper
1 small red onion, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
Pinch of ground cumin
1/2 pound shrimp, shelled, deveined and chopped
1/2 pound bay scallops patted dry
2 tablespoons Mexican lager
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Corn tortillas, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and lime wedges, for serving

In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chorizo and a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, breaking up the meat, until browned and nearly cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is just softened. Add the shrimp, squid and beer to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until the seafood is just cooked through, 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortillas, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and lime wedges.
 


Comments

  1. I think it looks good - I'm with you on the squid, though. Bring on the shrimp!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce