Fish With Spicy Garlic Butter

The origin of this dish is a little interesting. (at least to me;)  Long ago in the dark ages of my culinary experience, I created "Jalapeno Fish" for my son.  While not the culinary masterpiece my son thought it was, it isn't bad.  I decided now that I am a significantly better cook than I was then, I would play with the idea, so when he requests it (which he often does), we will have a better dish to eat.  We all loved the spicy butter that went with the grilled corn we had with the spicy lamb burgers a while back.  I thought that would be a great way to to jazz up the old recipe.  It is way more garlicky than hot, but it had a little heat.  In addition to the fish, I served a baguette and a salad.  I had some lovely tomatoes from my Front Porch Pickings basket.  They were wonderful. Good ingredients don't need a lot to make them tasty.  I have been making my own salad dressings for a while now, and I can't stand bottled dressings now. (Bottled dressing would have ruined these lovelies)  The simplest dressing (which can be enhanced with seasonings of your choice) was the right choice for these great ingredients I had for the salad.  If you start making your own dressings you will become spoiled too.


Fish With Spicy Garlic Butter
3 T  Spicy Garlic Butter,Recipe Bellow
4    Talapia,Or Other White Flaky Fish
1/4 c  Flour
Salt And Pepper,To Taste
1 T  Butter

Put the four on a plate and lightly coat the fish with it. Season the
fish with salt and pepper) Heat the butter in a skillet over medium
heat.   Saute the fish about 2 minutes a side. (or until cooked through)
. Remove fish to a plate and take the pan off the heat.  Add the 2
tablespoons of the compound butter and let it melt. Return the pan to
the heat and cook for about 30 seconds.   Return the fish to the pan
and coat it with the melted butter.  Place the fish on a plate and  top
the fillet with a 1/4 teaspoon of the remaining compound butter.

Spicy Garlic Butter:
2 sticks unsalted butter, slightly softened
8 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/4 habanero pepper, seeded
1/4 bunch fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
mix ingredients.  place the butter in the center of a large square of
wax paper. fold the paper over on it's self and place a something with
a straight edge (baking sheet, square plate etc...) and slide along the
paper forcing the butter in to a tube.

Simple Salad Dresssing:
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the salad.  Just enought to lightly dress the salad.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Drizzle with balsamic reduction* and toss:)


I make my own by buying the Publix brand balsamic, put it in a sauce pan, add a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar and heat over medium heat.  Stiring frequently until reduced to one third of it's original volume.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce