Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie


Tonight we had some old dear friends over.  I hate to make them guinnea pigs, so I made roast chicken with pepperoni sauce for dinner.  Served with pasta with a garlic butter and baguette.  We had this dessert at the second of our progressive dinners and I figured that while my baking skills are subpar, I could pull this one off and knew in talented hands it was stellar.  This recipe came to me from the lovely and talented Gwynne who has her own website to help promote local businesses.  I love what she is doing to help create a supportive enviorment, and network for small business owners.
Sadily, in my less skilled hands the dessert was not as good as hers, but still pretty great!  It does somewhat violate what I am trying to do (making everything from scratch), as I am buying croissant dough, but there are some things that I will learn how to do when I have a bit more pastry skill;).


Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie

2    (8 ounce) packages cream cheese,softened
1 c  white sugar
1 t  Mexican vanilla extract
2    (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 c  white sugar
1 t  ground cinnamon
1/2 c  butter, room temperature
1/4 c  honey

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13 inch
baking dish with cooking spray.
Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a
bowl until smooth.
Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape
each piece into 9x13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom
of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into
the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough.
Stir together 3/4 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Dot the mixture
over the top of the cheesecake.
Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and
turned golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle
with honey. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 12 squares.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce