Chicken Burgers With Spicy Peanut Sauce

Well yet another burger.  My husband has strongly requested we back off the burgers for a while.  I can't promise it.  I get a bit obsessive.  I have found so many amazing variations of the classic burger and I want to explore it's many infinite possibilities until I feel I have attained some mastery.  My husband argues that we have many we have mastered and that is true but by no means equals burger mastery.  And here is the thing, I love variety and we could eat all manner of "burgers" and the only thing that lumps them in to the same category is the  bun. (if that see the Crunchy Kimchi Burgers) I have just seen that we have had 20 different kinds of burgers this year.  Most of these have been in the last few months.  Ok, honey I will try to back off but I can't promise:). 
These burgers were really good.  I did have a little mistake that I made that I think ending up making the burger better.  When I saw chile I read chili.  So in the burger I used the cumin based chili powder.  When it came to the  sauce, I realized my mistake and busted out the chile powder.  I was worried it might be too spicy for the children so I did half chili and half chile powder.  The garam masala was great in it. I also put a slice of raw red onion on the burger. I think it needed it.

Chicken Burgers With Spicy Peanut Sauce

1 1/4 lb ground chicken
1/4 c  plus 2 tablespoons very finely chopped red onion
2 T  vegetable oil,plus more for brushing
2 t  chile powder
Salt
1 t  garam masala
1/4 c  unsweetened coconut milk
2 T  creamy peanut butter
2 T  hot water
2 T  chopped salted peanuts
4    round ciabatta rolls,split and toasted
Lettuce,for serving

1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken with 1/4 cup of the
chopped onion, 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of the
chile powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and the garam masala. Using slightly
moistened hands, form the ground-chicken mixture into four 4-inch
patties.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable
oil. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of chopped onion and 1 teaspoon of
chile powder and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is
softened, about 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter and hot water. Stir
in the peanuts and season the sauce lightly with salt.
3. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the chicken burgers
with vegetable oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning once,
until they are golden and crusty and just cooked through, 8 to 10
minutes. Spread the peanut sauce on the rolls. Top with the burgers and
lettuce, close and serve.

Comments

  1. This is a "burger" combo I haven't tried. Sounds wonderful....off to the store

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce