Miso-Ginger Glazed Salmon

I actually didn't cook this, my husband did. I was feeling really sick. I offered him the blog post, to give his thoughts on the cooking process, but he has informed me that he doesn’t want to:). So I can only give you my impressions of the taste. I liked it a lot. Being a bit stuffy I think the flavors were a bit dulled and I still enjoyed it. My husband and father loved it and the boy tolerated it. (he isn't a huge fan of salmon... yet;) We served it with steamed rice and a simple salad. I picked this dish to use up the rest of the miso from the father's day dinner of crispy roast chicken with shallots and miso gravy. When buying the ingredients, I did cut the recipe in half. (I didn't have 10 diners) but other than that, we made no changes. It is super fast. I don't know what the longest time the marinade would be good on the fish. I know fish is more delicate and usually has a short marinade time. Wait a minute, we did marinate it about an hour, as we got delayed for dinner. If anyone out there knows if this would be ok to prep in the morning and then just cook at dinner time, let me know. If it can be done that way, dinner would be super quick.

Miso-Ginger Glazed Salmon
10 Servings

Vegetable oil,for coating the aluminum foil
1/2 c  mirin
1/2 c  red miso paste
1/4 c  packed light brown sugar
1/4 c  soy sauce
2 T  peeled and grated fresh ginger (from about a 2-inch piece)
1    salmon side (about 3 1/2 pounds),skin on and pin bones removed
2    medium scallions,thinly sliced (white and light green part)
2 t  white sesame seeds,toasted
Heat the oven to broil and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a large
rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with vegetable oil; set
aside.
Whisk the mirin, miso, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger in a medium
bowl until combined. Reserve 1/3 cup of the miso mixture in a small
bowl;  set aside.
Rinse the salmon under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels,
and place on the baking sheet skin-side down. Using a sharp knife,
score the salmon with parallel 1/4-inch-deep diagonal cuts spaced 2
inches apart.  Brush the salmon with all of the reserved 1/3 cup miso
mixture. (If the side of salmon is longer than the baking sheet, tuck
the tail end of the fish under itself after the miso mixture has been
applied.) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Set a small fine-mesh strainer over a small bowl and strain the
remaining miso mixture. Discard the solids and set the strained sauce
aside.
Remove the fish from the refrigerator and discard the plastic wrap.
Broil the salmon on the baking sheet, rotating once or twice, until its
just opaque in the center and a golden brown crust has formed, about 10
to 12 minutes.
Remove the salmon from the oven, transfer it to a serving platter, and
sprinkle it with the scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately,
passing the strained sauce on the side.

Comments

  1. Love your blog. Nominated your blog for The Liebster Award
    http://citronlimette.com/the-liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I look forward to reading through all your recipes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce