Pulled Pork with Mustard BBQ Sauce

I am not a huge fan of crock pots.  Not because they don't do what they do well, but that they only do that one thing well and too many try to adapt recipes, that have no business in a crock pot, to a crock pot and come out with a big pot of meh.  I also don't care for barbecue and I loathe yellow mustard.  Needless to say, I did not like this recipe, however the boys, who don't share in my dislike of BBQ & mustard, loved it.  It is totally easy to make.  I made coleslaw, baked beans and garlic toast with it.  If you are feeling lazy, those items could be picked up at the deli section of the grocery store.  (oh and bakery for the bread)  It wasn't too terribly hard to make them yourself, so consider it. 


Pulled Pork with Mustard BBQ Sauce

3-4 pound Pork Roast
1 Large Onion, thickly sliced
1/4 cup broth (I used chicken)
3 Cloves Garlic, peeled
Big Daddy's Carolina Style BBQ Sauce


Put a layer of onion on the bottom of the crock pot. 
Put the roast on top of it and fill in gaps with remaining onion and the garlic
Add the broth, cover and turn to low.
Cook on low for 10 hours (I have made this after dinner and left it on for almost 24 but 10 hours is best)
Remove roast, (carefully) and pour liquid through a strainer.  (I freeze this in a ziploc bag for beans, soups etc..)
(Turn off the crockpot while waiting for the meat to cool)
You can return the onions and stuff you strained out to the meat if you want.  I usually don't
When cool enough to handle, shred the pork with your fingers and return to the crockpot.  Add the sauce and let warm through.  You can use any sauce you like, but the this is the boys favorite.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce