Broccoli Cheese Bites

For meatless Monday, I thought I would try these Broccoli Cheese Bites from Pinterest.  I know I have been doing a lot from Pinterest, but I have thousands of pins, I need to get through some of them, and when planning dinner, it is so much easier to use my phone rather than my computer.  (SMH I am so lazy!)  I didn't follow the recipe exactly.  I thought that if I chopped them larger, and made the patties larger, the broccoli would still be crunchy, and in my family, mushy veggies are not cool! They were so much better than I expected.  Oh I left out the salt and pepper because I was thinking that there would be plenty of flavor from the cheese and seasoned bread crumbs, and I think they were great as is.  I did dip them in Sriracha Cream sauce, (blush) but they were good plain too.  (maybe a bit of seasoning if not dipping;)  I think these would be a great way to use up a lot of different kinds of veggies, individually or in a big hodgepodge of leftovers.  Kind of like a healthy version of my beloved Vegetable Pakorias.   I think I will have to give those seasonings a whirl in these baked veggie patties.




Broccoli Cheese Bites


frozen chopped broccoli   *(I used fresh and quickly steamed it in the microwave)
shredded cheddar cheese
eggs
salt & pepper
seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
Recipe and instructions here






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce