The Best of the Burgers


Well it has just come to my attention that we have made 42 different burgers.  42, the meaning of life the universe and everything!  That can't be a coincidence since a burger has to be one of the most perfect and yummy meals ever!  (perhaps the meaning of life and our existence it to appreciate the awesomeness of the burger! lol) I decided to compile a top ten list of the burgers we have made.  This isn't easy.  I am tempted to put as number one on the list the most recent of the outstanding burgers, but that could just be a temporal anomaly;).  I am polling the family too because I am finding this to be quite a daunting task!  Also, do I make sure to include one of each kind of burger??  (veggie, turkey, beef etc...)  That might make it easier.  Best of each type and fill in the rest of the ten of the second place ones.  After much discussion we compiled a list of the top 10 (ok 11 but more on that later)  Now for the biggest problem, can I order these from 1-10 in descending awesomeness?  No, so these are all great and in alphabetical order.  If someone put a gun to me and required me to pick my personal favorite of all these I don't know if I could pick just one, however the contenders would be the Bahn Mi (#1), the Miami (#8) and the Italian Sausage (#6) and of course a really good regular burger with everything but mustard.  Ladies and gentlemen, may I present you, The Best of the Burgers!

1) Bahn Mi Burger

This is an Asian seasoned pork patty with pickled vegges, cilantro, mayo, ham and jalapenos. (insert the sound of Homer Simpson drooling here!)



2) BLT Burger with Garlicky Mayonnaise

This take on the flavors of a BLT has a beef patty with a sundried tomato & garlic mayo, bacon and arugula.



3) Cheddar and Onion Smashed Burgers

What makes this burger special is the way it is cooked.  The beef patties are smashed on the skillet, topped with an onion slice and flipped.  The onion is mostly inside the meat and cooked in the beef drippings.  They are partly caramelized and their moisture keeps the burger juicy.


4) Chicken Burgers with Spicy Peanut Sauce

This chicken patty is seasoned with onion & chile powder and topped with a sauce of coconut milk, peanut butter, onions. peanuts and garam masala.



5) Crunchy Pork Kimchi Burgers


This is a pork and kimchi patty that is coated with panko, served with wilted spinach and mayo seasoned with sesame oil and soy.  This one almost made it in to the top favorites!



6) Italian Sausage Burgers with Garckly Spinach


This patty is made of Italian sausage and it is topped with the tastiest spinach, sun dried tomato pesto and provolone cheese!  So good!



7) Lola Burger



The Lola burger is like a breakfast sandwich and a burger had a baby!  A beef patty with a fried egg, bacon, smoky cheese and pickled onions.



8) Miami Burger


This is a half pork, half beef patty with Dijon, mayo, ham, Swiss and pickles and pressed.  It's like a Cuban sandwich and a burger had a baby!  Oh my!



9) Middle Eastern Lamb Burger

Sorry I don't seem to have a picture of this!  We will make it again soon and take one;).  The patty is lamb seasoned with onion, garlic, parsley, mint and Cayenne pepper, and it is topped with a cucumber and cumin yogurt relish.



10) Thai Curry Turkey Burgers

This turkey patty is seasoned with Thai red curry paste and served with a lime seasoned mayo, cilantro, shallots, cucumbers and tomatoes.  This one almost made it in to my personal favorites, but I made it so long ago, I didn't trust my recollection;).


And for all of these recipes you can click on the Best of the Burgers label, and if you are interested in all 42 burgers you can check out the burger label.

Oh yes and I almost forgot the 11th one.  I don't really consider this a burger but I guess it is since it is a hamburger steak, and my husband thought it should be included.

Bitokes A La Russe




This is a hamburger steak in an amazing cream sauce!


UPDATE!!!!
Well crap!  I just realized that there is a burger that wasn't in the running since I had a typo in the label!  It is one amazing burger and I guess I would replace the cheddar smashed ones (#3) with this one but then I would have to rearrange everything so I will just add it!  This one is really amazing!

Asian Style Pork Burgers
This is a pork patty seasoned with ginger, garlic, scallions and sesame oil topped with slaw with a rice wine vinegar dressing and sriacha mayo!  Add this to the list of bests if gun was pulled on me;).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce