Bahn Mi (My Way)

Well tonight's dinner is a repeat of one of the dishes we had last night, the Bahn Mi. (see yesterday's entry for the recipe)  We needed to repeat; there was so much left from last night and I hate to waste. If you don't know,  Bahn Mi is a Vietnamese sandwich, and  it is one of the tastiest things on the planet!  It is super easy to make too if you don't roast the pork specifically for the sandwich or buy deli meat like I do.  I know it isn't the real way but still very tasty.  Not to put you off the sandwich, but I have kind of a funny story I will relate in lieu of the recipe.  Well if you have read the recipe from yesterday, you will note that the sandwich has a a quick pickle of daikon radish and carrots.  Well that step had been completed earlier I had just uncovered it to use it. It was then that the  friend we had over for dinner walked into the kitchen and informed me that he believed that our daughter had pooped in her diaper, to which I responded without thinking, "no, that is just dinner." :o  Just as broccoli can create an unpleasant "aroma" when cooking, this radish can create a very pungent smell that is NOT appetizing.  It is made worse by the fact that I had covered it during the pickling process to prevent dust or what not falling in.  Well when removing the cover, the scent, which until now was contained under the plastic wrap, returned to the space it was denied previously with a vengeance. ;)  Still delicious though....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce