Penne With Tuna And Capers

So this was the first time I made this recipe.  The boy loved it right away.  Even the baby girl liked it.  I wasn't blown away at first, (which surprised me because I love capers and tuna) but the flavor grew on me as I ate it. I believe I got the recipe from one of the several emailed recipes of the day.  (Chow, Fine Cooking, allrecpies etc...)  I made it tonight because the Husband was working and not a fan of canned tuna.  I didn't take a picture because I was told my last pictures weren't good enough to show how it really looked (ahem I'm talking to you my most excellent husband:P), and it wasn't the prettiest dish.  I used whole wheat penne too which didn't add to the eye appeal.  All in all, I liked it because it felt light, it was something I can make out of ingredients I always have on hand, and it was fast.  All making it for a good weeknight meal.
   Penne With Tuna And Capers

    3/4 lb penne rigate
    1/4 c  extra-virgin olive oil
      3    garlic cloves,smashed
           One 6 1/2-ounce can or jar
           -of olive
           -oil-packed tuna,drained
           -and flaked
    1/4 c  dry white wine
    1/4 c  drained capers
      2 T  finely chopped flat-leaf
           -parsley
           Salt and freshly ground
           -pepper
1.Cook the penne in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the
pasta,   reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
2.Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering.
Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until golden, about 2
minutes. Add the drained tuna; cook for 1 minute. Add the wine, capers
and 1 tablespoon of the parsley; season with salt and pepper. Cook the
sauce until the wine has nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes longer. Add
the penne and the reserved pasta water and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Season with pepper, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of
parsley and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce