Ham, Vodka And Tomato Pasta Sauce

This pasta dish comes from a cool little book of pasta sauces given to me by my mother in law.  I have only made a few from the book, but they have all been great.  I think I should go through the entire book, cooking one a week, and finally try them all.  This one was first made for us by my MIL for an anniversary celebration she had for us.  It is a family favorite and it is super easy.  Other than the ham, (and possibly the cream) it is things everyone might have on hand.  This is one of those dishes everyone should know how to make. It is easy and a crowd pleaser.

Ham, Vodka And Tomato Pasta Sauce
4 Servings

 1    onion Chopped
 1/2  stick  of butter (4 TBSP)
 1/2 c  of Vodka
 1 c  of crushed tomatoes
 1/4 lb of ham chopped
  1 c  of cream or half and half
  Cooked pasta
  Tabasco to taste
[Note: If you start the water boiling first the pasta and
sauce are usually done at the same time  ]
1.Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat
2.Saute the onion until soft
3.Add Vodka, tomatoes, and ham and cook until reduced.  (about 15
minutes)
4.Add the cream and Tabasco (I usually use 2 to 3 dashes)
5.Warm though and eat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce