Jalapeño Fish

I am still miserable today, and my husband left this morning for a week long conference.  (sob)  I feel like doing nothing, but there are kids to pick up and take to their activities etc...  For dinner I decided to do a dish my son loves and really isn't that hard.  However, it is a work in progress.  This is the original recipe and I try some variations on it when I make it to see if it can become an adult favorite as well.  Well considering I can't smell or taste, I have no idea if what I did was an improvement, but here it is.  I dusted the fish in flour, I  used lime juice, and not much, because I had an open one in the fridge and I thinly sliced a shallot to saute with the pepper.  I could have tasted like cardboard or ambrosia; I have no idea.  I gave each of us some leftover starches that were in the fridge and said screw the salad. I pray I am less miserable tomorrow.:(

Jalapeño Fish
2 Servings

2    Fillets of any white fish
1    jalapeño pepper,seeded, ribs Gone, Sliced Thin
4 T  of unsalted butter
Salt
Lemon pepper or fresh lemon juice and pepper
1.Melt half of the butter in a pan over medium heat
2.Add the fish and jalapeno and season the up, raw side of the fish
with salt and lemon pepper cook 2-4 minutes depending on thickness
3.Flip and season the other side with salt and lemon pepper
4.When fish is cooked through remove from heat and add remaining butter.
5. when butter is melted, turn fish to coat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce