Steak and Salad

Well today I was going to do as the boy asked and have out tradtional Grilled Steak Salad for dinner. I almost always have all ingredients on hand.  It was a short day at school and I managed to stay out of the house for the entire school day! The girl slept until time for soccer, during soccer, I was out, and when I came home about 6pm, I realized I DONT HAVE ANYTHING I need for the salad except steak and lettuce.  Well poop!  SO, I decide we are going to have steak and salad (with some leftover carbs for the kids) but what to do to the steak so its not just steak on a plate with salad because then we would be missing the things I was out of.  Compund butter to the rescue!  I know I have said it before but they are great to have on hand.  I pulled some mustard butter out of the freezer and we had outselves a tasty dinner;) 

1 grilled steak (see grilled steak salad post for reciepe)
Mixed greens
Balsamic Reduction (see same post)
Blue Chese dressing

   
Mustard Butter
1/4 c  unsalted butter,softened
1 T  Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic,minced
1/2 t  anchovy paste
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce,or to taste
salt and pepper to taste

[Note: "This is a wonderful butter to use on top of steaks, chicken,
pork, or veggies. It has a secret ingredient that no one will ever
guess! If you are uncertain about anchovy paste, start    with a small
amount and taste as you go. You'll be surprised at how it boosts the
overall flavor without being fishy.

1.Combine the butter, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste, Worcestershire
sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until garlic and anchovy paste
are evenly distributed throughout the butter. Serve immediately over
warm food or cover and chill until needed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce