Grilled Chicken Greek Salad

Well after last night's veritable orgy of fat, I was feeling like something light.  Being Wednesday, our soccer/ steak salad night, I thought even that sounds too heavy.  Thinking of the ingredients in our salad, I was trying to find substitutes that would feel less heavy.  Once I thought of feta for the blue cheese, I knew I wanted to do a Greek salad with chicken on it. I googled a Greek: salad, marinade and chicken.  I found a few different recipes. I found out that exactly what what I was thinking in terms of ingredients for the salad and the dressing was what the recipes called for.  I did get the marinade and the precise measurements for the dressing from food.com. I was quite pleased with the results. 

Grilled Chicken Greek Salad

Salad
4    thin chicken cutlets
8 c  of mixed greens
2    medium tomatoes chopped
1    cucumber,peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2    red pepper,seeded and chopped
1/2 c  crumbled feta (or more)
1/2 c  chopped kalamata olives (or  more)

Marinade
1 c  olive oil
1/4 c  freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 ea garlic,minced
2 T  Dijon mustard
2 T  dried oregano
1 T  chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 T  chopped fresh parsley
1 t  freshly ground black pepper
1 T  chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary

 Dressing
6 T  olive oil
1 1/2 T  fresh lemon juice
1 T  red wine vinegar
2 ea garlic,minced
1 t  dried oregano (Mediterranean if possible)

In a small bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
Pour over chicken (or lamb, beef,  or fish) and marinate in the
refrigerator for 1-2 hours before cooking.
Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake well
Put all the ingredients for the salad, except chicken in a large salad
bowl and put in the refrigerator.  Heat a skillet over medium high heat
(not non stick if possible) and drizzle a bit of oil.  Cook chicken for
about 4 minutes a side until done.
Slice the chicken into thin strips. Toss the salad with the dressing
and put on plates.  Top with the chicken

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce