Scallops

Well, in the aftermath of the fridge going kaput, the second fridge in the garage now has a stuffed full freezer that I have been quietly ignoring.  I decided that tonight I am going in.  Since the husband will be working, I figured it would be a good time to use up some of the leftover portions of frozen proteins in there.  I find about a third of a bag of bay scallops.  Perfect!  I am going to just wing it and use up some things that need to be used and be done with it, and hope all turns out alright.  It was good; nothing to say WOW over but tasty.  I fried up a couple slices of bacon.  When they were crisp and had rendered a good bit of fat, I took them out and cooked the scallops in the drippings.  (make sure they are dry when going in the fat)  Over almost high heat, I cooked them for two minutes, stirred the up, and cooked for two more minutes.  Then I removed them using a slotted spoon and cooked 2 zucchini and an onion, thinly sliced in the drippings.  (onion first until soft, then zucchini for just a minutes or so.)  I had some baguette left over from last night, so that was the starch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce