Sticky Pork Chops

Well despite the fact that I have hundreds (literally) of recipes in the to try file, I went looking around for something else. I found this.  I loved the sauce.  It was a bit spicy, but not so much for me. I did have to change it a bit. I thought the recipe called for very thinly cut pork chops, but it overcooked a bit even though I reduced the cooking time. I had a Korean cooking wine I had used in place of a Chinese wine before. (The local Oriental market leans towards Korean ingredients)  However, since it is the main ingredient in the sauce, and I'm not totally familiar with how it would taste as the main ingredient, I used half mirin as well. (I think all mirin would work too)  I think it worked really well.  I used the a garlic chili sauce. (the kind you mind in the ethnic section of your local market)  I think using chili flakes (I'm assuming they mean the red pepper kind) would make it really hot. I served it with white rice and a veggie "stir-fry."   Not truly a stir-fry in that I cooked the onions and mushrooms  longer and lower, and then I turned up the head and added the carrots and broccoli. Oh and I assumed that soya sauce way soy.

Sticky Pork Chops
4    pork cutlets,of chops trimmed
1/3 c  Chinese wine or 1/3 cup sherry wine
1 T  soya sauce
1 T  grated ginger
2 T  chili sauce or 2 tablespoons chili flakes
2 T  honey
Heat frying pan over medium heat.
Cook meat for 2 minutes each side, or until meat is well browned.
Remove meat, set aside - Keep warm -
Add cooking wine, soy sauce, ginger, chili sauce/flakes and honey to
the same pan without washing the pan.
Cook for 3 minutes.
Return the meat to pan and cook on each side for 1 minute.
Simmer until the sauce thickens, and pork is cooked through.
Serve with rice and greens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce