dad's new stuffed chicken

Well, my wife is out with the girls for the evening, so that left me (the wonderful husband) in charge of dinner, and, therefore, the blog.  I don't measure, and rarely remember the ingredients I used, so there will be no recipe at the end of this entry, but here's what I made:
We had four chicken breasts left from the other night, and four slices of prosciutto (coincidence, or fate?)  for the stuffing, I sauteed chopped onions and  minced garlic with some chopped pepperoni, and minced herbs from the window box (oregano, basil, and chives).  Then I laid out the flattened chicken breasts, put a spoonful of the stuffing, on them and wrapped the chicken around the stuffing.  Then I wrapped the prosciutto around them perpendicularly to help contain the stuffing.  The breading was seasoned flour (salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper) and egg (dry, wet, then dry again).  I browned them in a skillet in 1/2 inch of oil, then baked at 300 until done (165F).  The sauce was: butter, the rest of the stuffing that did not fit in the chicken, roasted red pepper, capers, cream, port wine (the only bottle open at the time), stock, flour, salt and pepper.  It turned out great.   The carrots, on the other hand, will receive no further mention on this blog, or in our home...disaster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce