Shrimp Fra Diavolo

This is one of the family's favorites.  I love the spiciness of it but it can be easily adjusted to suit any taste.  It is quick and simple.  It is often served on pasta, but what I love about this recipe (that I can't for the life of me figure out were I got it) is that it is served with just crusty bread.  No additional cooking.  I usually pick up some at the bakery, but I did find frozen baguette dough from France in the freezer case of the grocery that are pretty good and not too many chemicals in them.  It is a nice back up to have on hand.  (for any meal not just this one)  I even skipped the salad.  There is so much tomato in this, I called it the veggie and then called it a night. Oh I almost forgot, turn on your fan in the kitchen, when you are cooking the shrimp, the pepper makes the air spicy and it will tickle the back of your throat!

Shrimp Fra Diavolo

1 1/4 lb Shrimp,Shelled And Deveined
1/4 c  Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 t  Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Salt And Pepper
1 oz Panchetta,Finely Diced
1 sm Onion,Finely  Chopped
2    Garlic Clove,Minced
2 c  Marinara Sauce
2 T  Flat Leaf Parsley,Finely Chopped
Crusty Bread
1. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tbsp of the oil and the
crushed red pepper flakes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Let sit for
20 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat until very hot.  Add the shrimp
and cook for 2 minutes. (they won't be completely cooked but browned).
Put shrimp on a plate.
3. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil and cook panchetta, onion for about
4 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds to one minute.
Return the shrimp and any juices on the plate to the skillet and add
the marinara sauce.  Simmer over moderate heat 2 minutes, or until
shrimp are cooked.
4. Put shrimp in a bowl and serve with crusty bread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce