Cheese and Chive Pizza

Tonight I get to go see my once and future belly dance troupe perform.  I took classes for a while from my wonderful and lovely instructor Yana. I danced right up to my 9th month of pregnancy.  I even danced 8 months pregnant at my shower.  Now that the baby is two, I think I can go back to the classes with kid care.  Daytona Beach Belly Dance was having their winter Hafla, and I can go see these wonderful ladies.  YAY!  My husband is left to cook.  He made a plain cheese pizza, but since there were some chives I had cut from our garden (and forgot to top a dish I made for school with:o) that needed to be used, he topped the pizza with them.  Really awesome.  (I ate the pizza the next day)  I think chives should be a topping at all pizza places! As we get our dough from the deli most days, and cheese pizza is not something you really need a recipe for, I figured I would just take this time to say how awesome fresh chives are on pizza.  I don't think I have done my pizza sauce recipe before. (It is not an exact recipe)  I take one can of plain tomato sauce, add tons of dried oregano.  (Seriously like 2-3 tablespoons) Then I add a couple of teaspoons of dried basil, a minced garlic clove and a pinch of red pepper flakes.  Cook it on the stove on low for 10-15 minutes and let cool a bit before using.  Since it is a strong sauce, you don't need much, which I think makes for a less soggy pizza.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce