Asian Meatball Wraps

I made many more adjustments to this recipe than I normally do, (or like to do) to a first time I make a recipe.  First of all, I want to try it the way the recipe states because there is a reason the creator made it that way.  Also, even if it is something I think I wouldn't prefer, I want to see what works and doesn't for me. Well I don't do veal, so it was 1/2 beef and 1/2 pork. I am not a big fan of radicchio, and at $6 for a small head, I will just do double of my hydroponic butter lettuce.  The mint had died in the herb garden so none to garnish with, so I used cilantro. Since I wasn't following the recipe anyways, I made a quick dipping sauce similar to a Thai peanut sauce, but I used tahini.  The sauce needs work, but I think it will be a nice addition to the dish.  I also added some sliced cucumbers and onions so it would have a bit more veggies so I wouldn't have to make some to go with it.  I served it with plain white jasmine rice. I think it was very good and the boy loved it, but I'm still going to call it a fixable, since I want to play with it.

Asian Meatball Wraps

1 1/2 lb mixed ground beef,pork and veal
1    garlic clove,minced
1    shallot,minced
2 T  Asian fish sauce
1 t  grated lime zest
1/2 t  salt
1/4 t  pepper
2 T  vegetable oil
10    radicchio leaves
10    small butter lettuce leaves
Mint leaves,for garnish
Lime wedges and hot sauce for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400. In a large bowl, mix the ground meat
with the garlic, shallot, fish sauce, lime zest, salt and pepper. Roll
the mixture into 2-inch balls.
2. In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the vegetable oil until
shimmering. Add the meatballs and cook over moderately high heat,
turning occasionally until browned all over, about 7 minutes. Transfer
the skillet to the oven and roast for 7 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Set each meatball in a radicchio or lettuce leaf and garnish with
the mint. Serve the wraps with hot sauce and lime wedges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce