Fillets Of Sole Bercy

This is from the amazing book 'Sauces' by James Patterson.  The book is organized into a starting sauce with many variations on that sauce. This is one of  those starting sauces. The dish is super easy and quick.  The final broil is by no means necessary.  It adds more time than flavor IMO. I couldn't find fish bouillon, so I used some bottled clam juice instead.  It was fine. I think any broth would work in a pinch.  I used the rest of the clam juice in the rice I cooked with some water.  For a veggie, I had some zucchini. I have seen zucchini noodles or ribbons before, and I thought I would play with that.  It took a little time to shave the zucchini with a vegetable peeler, but with practice, I think I could become quite speedy.  I sauteed some onion and the ends of the zucchini that I couldn't use the peeler on in some butter and salt.  Then I just tossed the noodles in the butter off the heat and just warmed them but didn't cook the zucchini.  It was pretty tasty.

Fillets Of Sole Bercy

1    medium shallot chopped
1 T  fresh parsley chopped
4    Sole Fillets or any lean white fish (I use tilapia a lot)
1/4 c  white wine
1/4 c  Fish stock (there is fish bouillon which is the easiest)
 Cold Butter (unsalted)
1.Pre heat oven to 400F
2.Sprinkle the shallot and parsley over the bottom of a saut pan. Add
the fillets with the white, bone side up. (The fillets are supposed to
cover the entire pan but I have only used f fillets and it turns out ok)
Cover loosely with foil or parchment paper
3. Put pan over high heat until the liquids start to simmer then
immediately put the pan into the oven and cook until the fish is done 2
to 7 minutes.  (my fish takes longer) remove fish fillets from the pan
and keep warm
4.Reduce the liquid in the pan until slightly syrupy
5.Whisk in the cold butter
6.Brush the fish with the sauce and run under broiler to glaze
This is a base recipe there were 50 things to add to this to make it
different. A short list: mushrooms, tomatoes, carrot puree, Dijon
Mustard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce