Salmon "Satay"

While I am a HUGE fan of Publix, I have found myself becoming less enamored with their Apron meals.  They are not bad, but because they rely so much on pre made ingredients, they aren't as delicious as they once were, now that I am weaned off processed foods.  This is one I remembered liking very much.  I still do, but I tweaked the sauce to include a bit less of the bottled (low sodium) marinade because I thought it was still too salty.  Still, I think it is worth a try. I also didn't bother with the skewers.  I sliced it, but I think it would work with a whole fillet.
Salmon "Satay"
 1 1/2 lb salmon fillets (skin removed,thawed, if needed)
8    (10-inch) bamboo skewers
1/3 c  sesame ginger marinade
1 T  sesame oil
1 T  peanut butter
.Preheat oven to 450F.
.Cut salmon into eight equal pieces and thread lengthwise onto skewers
(wash hands). Combine in small bowl, marinade, sesame oil and peanut
butter; reserve one-third of the mixture for final step. Brush one-half
of the remaining mixture over both sides of salmon.
.Arrange skewers on baking sheet; bake 2 minutes. Turn skewers over and
brush with remaining one-half of marinade; bake 2-4 more minutes or
until flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. (Discard any
marinade that has been in contact with raw salmon.)
.Use reserved marinade as a dipping sauce. .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce