Hungarian Mushroom Soup

Well I decided to make a dinner for me.  Mushrooms!  I love them, husband indifferent, son loathes and is allowed to veto them. (But not tonight!)  My MIL asked about this recipe that she had with her sister who got it at Whole Foods. Quick search on line found this one; she made it and said it was delicious.  I agree.  Everyone said they loved it too; although I am doubting that my son loved it as he gagged a few times lol! It is quick and easy.  I think it could be made ahead up to the point where you would add the sour cream.  It says don't boil and serve immediately, so I think upon reheating, it will break. It could easily be made vegetarian with a different stock.  I love the better than bouillon mushroom base which sounds idea for this recipe.

Hungarian Mushroom Soup

4 T  unsalted butter
2 c  chopped onions
1 lb fresh mushrooms,sliced
2 t  dried dill weed
1 T  paprika
1 T  soy sauce
2 c  chicken broth
1 c  milk
3 T  all-purpose flour
1 t  salt
ground black pepper to taste
 2 t  lemon juice
1/4 c  chopped fresh parsley
1/2 c  sour cream
1 Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onions
in the
butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
Stir in
the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and
simmer for 15 minutes.
2 In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour
this
into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more
minutes,
stirring occasionally.
3 Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley
and
sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about
3 to
5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce