Crab Cakes

The measurments for this recipe are approxomate.  I should know, I made it up:).  Yes it is based on many recipes we have tried before, but this is my own improv one night, and we wrote it down becasue we liked it.  All the amounts are based on large veggies; I often add more than the recipe says just to add more veggies to the diet.  This time I used the el cheapo crab; the kind that looks like string.  I thought, it's a cake, does it really need to be the fancy kind?  Well it really should, but the trade off made for some very smooth cakes!  I took last night's cuke relish and mixed in some mixed greens and it made for a very tasty salad.  I had some left over pasta; I tossed that with some butter, parm. cream and garlic as a starch for the boy.  I took a smidge.  (only in the intrest of learning if it worked well mind you;) Of course it is a keeper, I made it up.  However, I always play with my recipes. 

Crab Cakes
2 Servings

1 small can Crab, preferably lump
1/4 c  Bread Crumbs,Homade From a Baguette
1/4    Onion,Minced
1/4    Green Pepper,Minced
1/4    Carrot,Minced
2 ea Garlic,Minced
1 Egg,Beaten
Panko
Salt And Pepper
Butter And Oil,Unsalted
1. saute onion, carrot and pepper in about a tablespoon of butter
until soft then add the bread crumbs and saute until all the liquid and
fat is absorbed.
2. in a bowl, beat eggs, add crab and sauted mixture.  Season with salt
and pepper
3. form the mixture into small patties about 2 inches in diameter and
1/2 inch thick.  coat in the panko
4. put on a plate and cover and refrigerate at least an hour.
5.  Heat oil with some butter in a saute pan over medium heat. (enough
to make about a 1/4 inch deep of hot fat to fry in)
6.  Fry cakes until golden brown on both sides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce