Clean Out The Fridge Soup

It happens from time to time; there are too many remnants in the fridge to justify going out and cooking a nice new tasty meal.  Soup can be a tasty way to clean all those remnants because lends itself to so many ingredients.  I have no recipe.  I wasn't even going to try but figured I would use this post to advocate the occasional leftover soup to help prevent waste and clean out that fridge.  What did I use that was lurking in my fridge?  Well I had some: pancetta, prosciutto, clam juice, chicken broth, v8, the dregs of a jar of marinara, parsnips, red cabbage, red onion, carrots,celery, pimentos, mushrooms, Parmesan rind and heaping tablespoon of jarred pesto sauce.  I just sauteed the pancetta in some olive oil and added the rest of the non liquid ingredients and sauteed them a bit.  Added the liquid ingredients and some water and the rind and let it cook about a half an hour on low.  It was pretty good.  Not 5 star but hey pretty tasty way to clean out the fridge. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce