Fresh Corn Casserole With Red Bell Peppers And Jalapenos


Well I am going to keep this short.  We went and had a wonderful evening with dear friends and made some new ones.  They cooked some hamburgers, hot dogs, wings and kielbasa and I brought some sides.  I made a coleslaw that I just kind of threw together,  my Loaded Potato Salad, and this Fresh Corn Casserole that I had never made before.  I liked it a lot and so did quite a few others. (lots of people asked for the recipe)  We were having too much fun for me to remember to take a picture but imagine corn flecked with red and green. I got this recipe from the Food Network.  If you would like to see the original you can click here.  I did make two changes.  I used unsalted butter and I diced the jalapenos smaller than the red pepper.

Casserole With Red Bell Peppers And Jalapenos

8    ears corn (still in the husk)
2    red bell peppers,diced
2    fresh jalapenos,diced small
1 c  heavy cream
1/2 c  milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 stick unsalted butter,cut into pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the corn from the husks. In a large, deep bowl, slice off the
kernels of corn with a sharp knife. Turn the knife to the dull side and
scrape the cob all the way down to remove all the bits of kernel and
creamy milk inside. (I do this inside the bowl because it goes
everywhere if you cut it on a board.)
Add the red bell peppers, jalapenos, heavy cream, milk, salt to taste,
a generous amount of pepper and butter and mix it well. Pour into a 9
by 13-inch baking dish. Bake until thoroughly warmed through, 30 to 45
minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce