Chicken Saltimbocca With Lemon Sauce


I had planned on making a Chicken Saltimbocca recipe I had gotten from Food & Wine that was contributed by Lidia Bastianich.  I love that recipe and I was convinced it was pre blog so I could safely make it.  WRONG.  I had made it back in October.  Well what am I to do?  I don't want a repeat.  I have another saltimbocca recipe from Publix apron meals,  It is fast but not as good as the recipe by LB.  So to the computer and I found this one from Bon Appetit on food.com. (as always click the title to get to the original recipe when I know the source:)  It was quite good. I made a pasta sauce with some leftover marinara,wine, sun dried tomato pesto, garlic, olive oil, ricotta and cream.  It wasn't too bad and it got rid of 4 things in my fridge!  yay No wait 5 things.  I had accidentally cooked too much pasta a couple of days back so I was using that up too!

Chicken Saltimbocca With Lemon Sauce 

4    boneless skinless chicken breast halves
8    large fresh sage leaves
8 sl prosciutto (about 3 ounces thinly sliced)
1/2 c  all-purpose flour,plus
2 t  all-purpose flour
1 T  butter
1 1/2 T  olive oil
2 T  dry white wine
1/2 c  low sodium chicken broth
2 T  fresh lemon juice

1 Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on work surface.
2 Using mallet, pound chicken to 1/3-inch thickness.
3 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
4 Place 2 sage leaves atop each chicken breast half.
5 Top each chicken breast with 2 prosciutto slices, pressing to adhere.
6 Spread 1/2 cup flour on plate.
7 Turn chicken in flour to lightly coat both sides
8 Melt butter with oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
9 Add chicken, prosciutto side down; cook 4 minutes.
10 Turn chicken over and cook just until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
11 Transfer to platter and cover to keep warm; reserve skillet.
12 Whisk wine with remaining 2 teaspoons flour in small bowl.
13 Add broth and lemon juice to same skillet; bring to boil.
14 Add wine mixture; whisk until sauce thickens slightly, about 30
seconds.
15 Season to taste with salt and pepper.
16 Spoon sauce over chicken.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tranches de Jambon a la Creme (Ham Slices in Fresh Cream Sauce)

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine