Strawberry Daiquiris


Well after a long day at the beach that included a pretty good hike around the nature trails of a local park, we had a late lunch of some giant slices of pizza at Lenny's.  We were all too full at dinner time to want to eat. Totally worth it; it was a great day of playing in some big waves, building enormous sandcastles and hiking through some beautiful scenery.  What goes better with beach than daiquiris?  Not too much.  So we invited some friends over to have some drinks and have a game night.  This is my mother's recipe for strawberry daiquiris but we also switched out the fruit and made some mango ones too.  It must be the heat, senioritis, or  whatever but I have totally slacked since Sunday.  I got to get back to work on proper meals tomorrow!  We did serve some meat, cheese and fruit with the drinks.  And after the company left, we nibbled on some leftovers, but those don't count as a recipe;).  So instead I share my mom's recipe that has been on every family vacation since my brother and I turned 21.

Strawberry Daiquiris

1    Frozen Package of strawberries in syrup (10 oz) (we used plain IQF strawberries)
1    small frozen limeade concentrate (6 oz)
1/2 cn of sprite
6 oz of white rum (or more or less as you like)
2    handfuls of ice

This is kind of complicated to pay attention to the steps
1.Blend

My Mother's recipe and she notes: Enjoy it is great any time but always on vacations! lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce