Aioli

I am continuing to battle the bulge of the pantry and refrigerator!  Too much stuff bought: on sale, on whim, or because of temporary insanity.  Because of that, I was looking for a sauce to put on some of the seafood in the freezer.  A quick perusal of my 'to try' file on the computer turned up this Aioli recipe. I have always been a bit intimidated by the whole mayonnaise type sauce and have never tried one before.  This blog convinced me to try it at some point, hence it being in my 'to try' file.  It was not as hard as I feared.  It was a bowl of yummy garlicky goodness.  A little goes a long way too, so while uber fattening, you can get away with just a tad.  I highly recommend this recipe.  It was a nice addition to our shrimp (or any seafood as far as I can tell), I think we will have sandwiches for lunch tomorrow using this instead of mayo, and I am milling around in my mind how to use it in a salad dressing. 
Aioli

garlic, sliced
coarse salt such as kosher or sea salt
egg yolk
lemon juice
extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper

Recipe, directions and great information here.
Grilled Shrimp with the Aioli dotted on top
with barley and mixed veggies and a salad.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce