Chipotle Chicken and Gouda Salad

I was in Publix the other day and they were sampling Boar's Head's new products.  They had this chicken salad that I tasted and loved.  I decided to make it for two reasons: first, it was super fast and easy and secondly I wanted to see if I liked it as much at home as I did when I was breaking the cardinal rule of grocery shopping, shopping famished.  I asked the lady what was in it.  Other than the 1/2 pound of meat, I got no real proportions, but this is pretty close.  The salad requires no seasoning, as the meat and cheese are really seasoned.  It would make a great lunch, but we had it for dinner just because it was a busy night with lots of stuff to do and no real time.  The boys had sandwiches, but I would like to have it be the "dressing" on a salad or filled in lettuce cups next time.(I had mine on black pepper triscuts.)    It is a stellar meal? No.  Is it tasty and fast and worth it? Yes.  The biggest issue I have, is that the gouda makes for a slightly more mushy texture than I expect from chicken salad.

Chipotle Chicken and Gouda Salad

1/2 pound of Boars Head Chipotle Chicken, thickly sliced
1/4 pound of Boars Head Chipotle Gouda, thickly sliced
1 small Green Pepper
1/4 Mayonnaise

Chop up the chicken and put in a bowl.  Chop up the gouda and add to the bowl with the chicken.  Seed and finely dice the green pepper and add it to the bowl.  Add the mayonnaise and mix

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce