"London" Dips

There was tons of of the London Broil left over from last night, so we decided to make a French dip like sandwich.  It was fast and easy and it used up all of the meat, so no waste!  (yay)  Since it was made up on the spot, I guess a proper recipe isn't happening but you should be able to repeat it if you follow my rambling:).  We thinly sliced the steak (really, really thin)  and an onion.  Heat a pat of butter in a pan and caramelize the onions, with a dash of salt,  over medium heat for about 10 minutes.  When the onions are done, throw in the steak and cook until heated through.  Add in some shredded cheddar and stir until melted.  Serve on toasted buns with au jus or rich broth.  I am ashamed to admit I had, what was most likely a 10 year old packet, of instant au jus.  I used it.  (I am hanging my head in shame, but rejoicing that I got something out of the pantry)  In place of that, I would reduce some beef broth to strengthen the flavor.  Dinner, done:).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce