Dried Apricot Liqueur

I have found so many recipes that I want to try, and a good percentage of them have come from my fellow food bloggers.  This recipe comes from one of  my favorite food blogs called We Are Not Foodies.  Not only do they have a lot of good looking recipes, but I like the writing style of the group.  I "made" this over a month ago. but tried it tonight for the first time.  I will say I was afraid of ruining a perfectly good bottle of vodka in my first attempt at a liqueur, so I guesstimated a smaller batch.  I was happily surprised with the taste and that I didn't mess it up.  The end result was really good and unique.  I think I want to order the book they talked about and perfect my liqueur making knowledge and skills.  Not only so I can reap the benefits, but it would make awesome Christmas presents! If you didn't see my previous post from a blogger, you may not know why I only listed the ingredients and not an actual recipe.  1) These aren't the big sites that you can find easily on you own, and I want to make sure that they get proper credit for the recipe.  I always put a link when I know it but a recipe from a fellow blogger is different than one from Food and Wine.  2) I wanted to give you the ingredient list, because that lets you know what is in it and that often lets me know if it is something that I want to make.  Whew done:) 

Dried Apricot Liqueur

Water
Sugar
Dried Apricots (Chopped)
100 Proof Vodka
Brandy
Orange Zest
Fruit Protector
Yellow Food Coloring
Red Food Coloring


For the recipe click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce