Parmesan Tortilla Crisps


I had some left over corn tortillas and thought this would be a great way to use them up.  Besides, I am always looking for good appetizers or munchies for cocktail parties.  They were great, but there is one issue; they didn't cook evenly.  I took a picture of the ones I thought looked the best and left out the really brown ones.  I think those might have tasted better.  I also think they fared better the next day.  The light gold ones tasted a tad stale, while the brown (almost burnt looking) ones didn't.  I still loved them and am looking forward to playing around with the recipe.  I think they are excellent baked tortilla chips that could be a perfect canvass for all kinds of seasonings.  On a totally personal note, I am in crisis as my Accuchef program appears to have gone kaput!  I have about 400 personal recipes and almost 400 to try recipes that will be lost if I can't get it working.  The only silver lining is that most of my recipes are on the blog, but the recipes I planned on using this week and have ingredients for are unavailable.  I hope I can remember them all.  (I am really trying not to panic!) but I may be a little sparse on my posts as a result.



Parmesan Tortilla Crisps
1/4 c  extra-virgin olive oil
1 T  dried oregano
1/2 t  freshly ground black pepper
12    (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 c  freshly shredded Parmesan
1/4 t  salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with aluminum foil. Whisk the oil,
oregano, and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat just until
warm. Set aside for 15 minutes. Brush the oil mixture over both sides
of the tortillas. Stack the tortillas and cut them into 1/2 to 3/4-inch
wide strips. Arrange the strips in a single layer over the baking
sheets. Sprinkle the cheese and salt over the strips. Bake until the
strips are golden brown and crisp, about 12 minutes.

Do-Ahead Tip: The tortilla strips can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store
in airtight containers and keep at room temperature.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce