Smoky Pizza

I have no idea where this came from and I'm sorry about that because the recipe leads me to believe it was from a blog.  If I ever find out, I will link to there, however I did change it a bit.  The idea was solid, but the amounts were somewhat vague, I had to wing it a bit.  The recipe below is what I copied from somewhere, and the stuff in parentheses is what I actually did.  I really liked it.  It was smoky, tasty and a bit different.  It is certainly economical and fast.

Smoky Pizza

1  Pizza Dough,Unbaked    (1 LB)
1/4 c  Ricotta,Fluffy           (3/4 cup mixed with 3-4 dashed of liquid smoke)
3/4 c  Mozzarella,Smoked  (couldn't find smoked so used regular and added smoke to the ricotta)
Ham                                    (2 oz finely diced)
Sage Leaves                        (3-4 chiffionade)
Olive Oil                             (a quick drizzle)
Salt And Pepper
Onto a semi-baked crust, spread a mixture of about 1/4c nice fluffy, not watery, ricotta and 3/4 c smoked mozzarella cut into little pieces, into which was mixed a ham.a few slivered leaves of sage, some olive oil and salt and pepper. Watch out for the salt - there's no predicting how much will be in your mozzarella.  (Well that was the original instructions.  I drained my ricotta in a coffee filter just to make sure it wasn't watery, and whipped it in a mixer with the liquid smoke. The pizza stone had been in the oven as I pre heated it  to 500.  When it had been in there about 20 minutes, I pulled the stone out and placed the rolled out dough on the stone, spread the ricotta, sprinkled the ham, put the mozzarella on it and then finished with sprinkling the sage, salt, pepper and some olive oil.  Baked it in the oven for about 6 minutes.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce