Fish En Papillote

This was another meal from Ten Dollar Dinners.  I don't know if my veggies were particularly large, but we had lots of veggies, and that made me very happy.  I really liked the dish and it was easy to make as long as you have a mandoline or a v slicer to make short work of the julienne.  It was ready in a little over a half an hour start to eating.  I didn't think it needed anything to go with it, but I put my son's portion over some rice.  There was a lot of liquid in the parchment and it is a shame to waste so some sort of starch would be a good thing.  I would have liked more of a sauce, but I am not complaining.  My husband, who insisted he wasn't hungry, ate the whole thing;).  I thought this dish a winner for so many reasons.  It is inexpensive, healthy,easy, fast and most important, tasty.  If you don't have a mandoline or a v slicer, it is a great addition to your kitchen.  It makes paper thin cuts that are necessary for some dishes and it makes julienne a breeze.  Just always use the hand guard.  V slicers can be found at places like Target or Bed, Bath and Beyond for a very reasonable amount.  I have a nice mandoline we got at a restaurant supply store.  It was a bit more but I like that there are more options for me as far as thickness.


Fish En Papillote

1/2    red onion,julienned
1    zucchini,julienned
1    large carrot,julienned
1 ea garlic,minced
1 T  extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4    (4-ounce) sole fillets,hake flounder or other white fish
1    lemon,thinly sliced, seeds removed
8    sprigs fresh thyme
4    pats butter
1/4 c  white wine
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a bowl, mix together the onion, zucchini, carrot and garlic. Adds
the oil, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
Put each fish fillet in a large square of parchment paper and season
with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the vegetables on top, dividing
evenly. Top the vegetables with 2 lemon slices, 2 sprigs thyme, a pat
of butter and 1 tablespoon white wine, layering in order. Fold the
parchment paper around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a
half moon shape. Make sure you press as you crimp and fold to seal the
packets well, otherwise the steam will escape. Arrange the packets on a
baking sheet. Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 12 minutes,
depending on the thickness of the fish. To serve, cut open the packets
and serve directly in the parchment on a plate or remove the fish to
the plate using a spatula, being sure you don't leave the juices behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce