Chicken Marsala

I deleted the good picture but I think
it still looks pretty tasty!
I decided to make this recipe from a fellow blogger for two reasons.  One, I already had some Marsala wine from another recipe I made of his, and two since I was having a guest, and I loved the other recipe, I felt that sure it wouldn't disappoint my friend.  I hate making guests into guinea pigs for new recipes:).  It was wonderful.  Even my son, who hates mushrooms, said the mushrooms were ok.  I made only one deviation; I cooked the chicken, removed it, cooked the mushrooms, added the chicken back to the pan and continued on.  I took the author's suggestion of serving with mashed potatoes.  (I even had his recommended Yukon Gold on hand)  It was perfect.  I would have immediately thought pasta since its an Italian dish, but mashed were outstanding. (better than pasta) We all have our own way of making mashed potatoes.  I am firmly in the camp of using a potato ricer and just stirring with cream and butter. (and salt, pepper, garlic), but that's just me. We also made a salad with the most beautiful, deep green, romaine I have ever seen that we got in out Front Porch Pickings basket.


Chicken Marsala

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Baby Bello Mushrooms
extra virgin olive oil
flour
Butter
Pinch of Black Pepper
Granulated Onion
Chicken Stock
Marsala

Recipe and directios here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce