Korean Rolled Egg Omelette (Gaeran Mari)

If you read my previous post, you will know I am a woman on a mission.  Every meal, I vow, to get rid of something cluttering up my pantry or fridge!  Now, I can't get rid of too much in one meal if I want it to taste good, but one thing must go!  Today, being Meatless Monday, I am getting rid of an ancient piece of dried kelp.  I don't think it is the seaweed called for in this omelet, but in it goes!  Unfortunately, the kelp was the part of the dish that made it kind of meh.  Mostly because it was one long sheet.  I think I would have preferred it shredded up and mixed in, or something less massive.  However it gets made, it needs a sauce.  I used a little soy and sriracha.  It sure looked pretty, but the flavor a bit less so.  I love the idea of a rolled omelet.  Next time I make one, I am trying it rolled.  My darling husband cooked tonight, so I hope it wasn't too difficult.  He didn't say it was


Korean Rolled Egg Omelette (Gaeran Mari)

3    eggs
1/2    small onion,finely chopped
1/2    small carrot,finely chopped
1    sheet Korean roasted seaweed (Gim)
1 t  salt,dash of pepper
1.Mix eggs with whisk or fork and add onions and carrots until well
combined.
2.In a lightly greased saute pan, pour egg mixture and heat slowly over
low heat.
3.Heat slowly for a few minutes until almost cooked through, then place
seaweed sheet on top of omelet.
4.Roll omelet into a tight roll by lifting side with spoon or baking
spatula.
5.Let omelet rest for a few minutes to cool.
6.Slice into 1 inch pieces and serve with cross-sections showing.
(Serves 1 or  3 as a side dish).

Comments

  1. Do you generally take into account optimizing the blog posts for search algorithms?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce