Roasted Chicken and Potatoes

Chicken leg quarters were on sale at Publix for $0.99 a pound.  I bought two packages and am freezing one.  I figure the best way to cook them is ala the 40 Cloves and Chicken recipe we love, but I wanted it to be a different recipe.  I had plenty of potatoes on hand so I decide to use those since the idea of them roasting in garlicky chicken drippings and a bit of olive oil sounded heavenly.  So I kind of made this up as I went along.  Long story short, it was enjoyed by all.  Meat very tender, potatoes tasty, and while it took 1.5 to roast, it was not much active time cooking.



Roasted Chicken and Potatoes

4 chicken leg quarters
4 large Yukon gold potatoes
1 tablespoons of olive oil
salt
5 sprigs of thyme
1 bulb of garlic peeled
1/4 cup olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the tablespoon of oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add the legs skin side down and cook until well browned.
Flip and lightly brown on the other side
Remove the chicken and add the 1/4 cup oil then potatoes in a single layer (as much as possible). Toss in the garlic and thyme and return the chicken to the pan and cover. Put in oven and cook for 1 1/2 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce